My head is bursting with the joy of the unknown.
My heart is expanding a thousand-fold.
Every cell, taking wings, flies about the world.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Daddy & Me

            Happy father's day to all the dads out there...and especially mine! I am so lucky to have a dad like mine. He is the most honest, hard-working, caring man I have ever met...and I know nobody will ever top him. We never wanted for anything growing up, yet he taught us how to work hard to achieve the things we want. He has been there through all the heart breaks, all the mean girls, all the hospital visits, all the times I changed my major (thinking about changing it again...love you daddy!) and never once led us astray .or left our side. I've struggled with my health through my last year and a half of college and he never once complained about supporting me until I was well enough to hold down a job. He shares everything he has and never hesitates to give to others. He's taken in so many of our friends as his own children and is still stuck with a few of them! He never meets a stranger. So...now that you know my dad a little better, here are a few things he's taught me:

1) If he doesn't treat you like a princess, he ain't worth it!
2) You can't take money with you when you go so travel, share it, do the things you've always wanted to.
3) Don't decide what to do with your life based on money. Do something that makes you happy and God will do the rest.
4) Burn a piece of paper and rub the leftover sticky resin on ringworms to get rid of them. (This is quite possibly the most valuable thing he has taught me! I have a bad habit of petting stray cats, so naturally, I've had ringworms a few times..gross, I know. Its the only thing that ever gets rid of them! Works way better than those uber expensive creams from the doctor.)
5) You won't make it through life without a sense of humor. Learn to laugh and you can get through anything (Our family's pretty good at it)
6) Never settle. If you're not happy, leave, change jobs, go back to school..do whatever it is you truly want to do.
7) It's never too late to start making your dreams come true. You're never too old to turn your life in a different direction.
8) If at first you don't succeed, you're probably limp-wristing it
9) Always smell the milk before you drink it...you don't go by the expiration date. You go by the smell.
10) Love unconditionally. Everything and everyone. Kill your wrong-doers with kindness.
11) Forgiving people does not mean you have let them continue to take advantage of you. Know the difference.
12) Be happy. Count your blessings. Always know you have someone to fall back on when things get rough.
13) Kat Balou was the best movie ever made.
14) Lemon Pepper and brown sugar make everything taste better.
15) Always put sunscreen on your ears. They're the first place that will burn!















Happy fathers day daddy. I love you the toast!

Look for another tutorial soon!
Happy Sunday,
Catie *)




No comments:

Post a Comment