My head is bursting with the joy of the unknown.
My heart is expanding a thousand-fold.
Every cell, taking wings, flies about the world.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Tidbits and trinkets





Hello friend,

I am new to the blogging world so bear (bare?) with me.
I hope to share with you everything from crafts to recipes to skin and hair care to stories about stupid people and everything in between. So...before we dive into all that business, here's a few tidbits and trinkets from my life so you can get a better feel of who I am.

This is my favorite song at the moment. Watch the video. Its worth it. 



My favorite movies..









The person I would most like to meet : Tim Burton. I am an avid collector. I have every movie he's ever made...and I do mean Every. Single. One.























My best friend and fiancee, Pate. He's been my other half since I was fourteen. Poor guy.














Random fact: One time I drove through a Larry's Big &Tall store. I kinda split it into two. It became Larry's Big OR Tall. But how many people are both big AND tall? I just made it easier on everybody. Now they can just choose the side they need...


My art journal. It goes with me EVERYWHERE. I do entries daily to keep the creativity flowing and to get all this junk out of my head...otherwise, I'm too scatterbrained to function. Mine is homemade (I will post a tutorial later for those of you who are interested) but you can just buy a cheap notepad or sketchbook. The actual book doesn't matter..its what you fill it with thats important. I encourage you to start one. You don't have to be artistic. Most of my entries are simple doodles, decorated grocery lists, or just random, jumbled thoughts. Anything to clear your mind and get your day going. I will try to post a couple of my entries a week for those of you who are just starting out journaling. It helps to have other people's work to refer to. It is a fantastic stress reliever and can be filled with anything you like..doesn't have to be a masterpiece. The first picture is the front cover of my personal journal. The second is the back cover. And the third is the inside cover and my first journal entry. It looks complicated but it is really very simple. I will post a video how to later for both the journal and the first page I created. If you have any questions or need inspiration, feel free to contact me. I would love to hear your feedback! 



My babies!! All three are rescue dogs. Needless to say, I am no longer allowed to visit the shelter. Whatever.  I also have a black cat at my parents house named Noel but she's a wanker and impossible to get a picture of. She's close to 10 years old. 
^^This is Paisley. She loves her Teddy bear and doesn't go anywhere without it. She also loves to play with her rubber ducky. She is currently not speaking to me because I accidentally threw it behind the refrigerator. She also gets really really embarrassed when she farts and will hide for hours if she thinks you heard it...so you have to pretend that you don't hear her constant walking farts or she'll put herself in the corner and mope.
^^This is Sadie. She's the sweetest, most well behaved dog in the world. She was very badly abused before she was sent to the shelter. Now she lives a life of luxury...eating green beans, watching tv, and laying on my pillow.
^^This is Rufus. He's full of bitterness and impure thoughts.


My favorite shows: Pretty Little Liars, of course, because I'm a girl in my twenty-somethings. Vampire Diaries. Face-Off (Most of you have probably never heard of it. Its on SyFy and its a special effects/makeup competition. I would highly recommend watching it). And best of all, Little Britain. It went off air year ago, but all of the seasons are on Netflix and Hulu. It is the funniest show you will ever watch...and I will probably quote it on here incessantly so you should probably go check it out. (Fat Amy's brother plays most of the characters..if that motivates you any)





A few of my favorite things:

The Moon. I make it a point to look at it every night simply because it makes me happy. My migraines are affected by the full moon. Call it hokey, but its the truth. I was also born on a total solar eclipse during the full moon (a day way before my actual due date). You can go to the NASA page and find out what the moon phase was on any date. Different moon phases are believed to have different affects on the child at birth. Its pretty cool if you're into that kind of thing. 
The Larimar Stone. It can only be found in the Caribbean. I got a small drop for my necklace. It is used in holistic medicine for its supposed healing properties. I bought one when Pate and I went to Aruba with my grandparents. It really is a beautiful, unique stone.
My absolute favorite place in the world: New Orleans. Ive been to France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, the Caribbean, New York, L.A....and New Orleans still takes the cake. Its just bursting at the seams with life and culture. (All of the photos below were taken on my most recent trip to NOLA last summer)



Folklore. The COOLEST area of study EVER. Unfortunately, my college of choice does not offer it so I am reduced to googling. (The photo below was taken in NOLA also)



My Necklace. It never comes off. A cross. A moon. A larimar stone.


My favorite scents: Lavender and Rose. The real oils, not the synthetic stuff. ICKKKK.



 SOO...now that you know me a little better, I hope that you will continue to visit my blog and share a little piece of my world. If you would like to view some of my artwork or inspiration or more little bits and pieces of my life you can follow me on:

Facebook: Le Facebook
Instagram: pure awesomeness.
Or if you have any questions about any of my tutorials or anything else, you can email me: Catelyn.jeffrey@gmail.com (This is not my personal email account so I only check it about once a week so be patient with me)

I hope you enjoy my blog and if you like what you see, subscribe!
Adios muchachos,
Catie  *)

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you..this looks awesome!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool :) I have a creative journal as well and you're right, it's a fantastic way to get rid of stress and it's neat to look back at later. I'm a crafty person so I love to make up little diy's for myself and then come back and do them later when I have time.

    ReplyDelete