My head is bursting with the joy of the unknown.
My heart is expanding a thousand-fold.
Every cell, taking wings, flies about the world.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Rainy day randomness

 Since the weather today is so icky today,  I haven't felt like doing much. However, no matter the weather, I still always make an entry in my art journal. I couldn't find my ink pins so a simple doodle for today's entry was out and I didn't feel like dragging a bunch of stuff out that I'd have to put up. SO...I found a bunch of not so fresh vegetables in the fridge and decided to make stamps out of them. (this is not an original idea...I saw it on a tv show). I didn't have the veggies they used on the show so I decided to go with celery, potato, and cauliflower. I put a rubberband around the celery and cut the bottom of the stalk off (I cut about 2 inches up from the very bottom where all of the stocks are fused together) this is what I used for the roses.You can use the base or the stalks...whichever looks more like a rose to you. I took a small bunch of cauliflower and stamped it for the small flower bunches and also the lavender around the edges. Finally, I cut the very tip off of a potato (try to find one that comes to a kind of point and isn't just rounded at the end) and I cut a slit down the middle of the tip to make it look like the vein in a leaf. I got a paint brush and a couple of colors of paint and stamped away. Afterwards I deorated with some ribbon and little pearls I had in my craft stuff. Viola! A beautiful flower bouqet. And you dont have to feel bad about throwing away those veggies you never ate. A simple, easy to clean up craft that uses things you already have in your house! 




And here are just a few of my other journal entries..







I don't know why this one is upside down...my camera is being weird and I'm too lazy to mess with it and flip it around....






No comments:

Post a Comment